The Icing On The Cake

I would like to call myself a great thinker because there are so many random thoughts that come into my head out of the blue. When I’m supposed to be concentrating on my work, I suddenly start thinking about the movie I saw the previous night or when I’m actually supposed to watch a movie, I start thinking about the unfinished work at office. So basically I have a wandering mind that keeps me very pre-occupied most of the time.

Today happens to be one such day when my mind is wandering at dangerous speeds into infinity, eternity or just call it what you want. I suddenly realized in the midst of some important work that there is really no time that we can devote solely for the purpose of being happy. The mind is imprisoned because we do not really follow what it tells us. If it asks us to just take an off from work, it comes across as a highly irrational suggestion or if it asks us to just slap the person who is bragging in front of everyone, it comes across as the most foolish thing that anyone can think of. However the beauty lies in the fact that though we cannot devote days together to do what we want, there are sudden unexpected moments in a person’s life that brings so much of happiness and joy. Probably it’s moments like these that really inspire us to believe that life is indeed really beautiful. These are moments that are like the icing on a cake.

Let me take you through some of these amazing icings in my life,

1. As a blogger what I cherish the most is receiving comments on my blog. Be it a bouquet or a brickbat (but I definitely prefer the former), I love it the same as long as it comes in the form of a comment. The way my face lights up when I see one on my blog is something I cannot describe. Thanks to all the beautiful people out there who make my day just by making their presence felt on my blog.

2. I know most of you like sunny weather but I definitely do not belong to that category. I hate it when I wake up with the sun right in my face. I work in an air conditioned office, all credits for being in the software industry and as you all know the windows are probably more for accessorizing the place and have become vestigial. The only purpose of a window in my office is for people to catch a view of the lovely cubbon park right outside. What would we have done if not for this amazing view? So there are moments when in the dead of summer I lift my head to peer over my cubicle and I see this really amazing cloudy weather coupled with the wonderful view of cubbon park staring right back at me. All the frustration and stress just take a back seat and life seems so much more beautiful that time.

3. If you have read one of my earlier posts Of Sleep And Repairs you will have a fairly good understanding of how weekends can totally go for a toss at times. Fortunately life is not always cruel to me and there are times when it shows me some mercy in the form of weekends when I have absolutely nothing to do. It’s all about sleep, movies, wine, food and all the good things in life.

4. Sometimes I get really temperamental when I know I am going to eat stuff that I do not like. Just when I am getting used to the fact that dinner would be a very boring affair, hubby announces that he’s in the mood for Italian or Chinese. You won’t believe the sudden transition in me from “Not at all hungry” to “I am so hungry, I can eat a horse” but I keep those emotions to myself. It’s always better when the dinner plans come from the hubby’s mouth so it gives me a chance to pick on him the next time I want to eat out and he’s not in the mood.

5. There have been very few times when I have laughed so much that my stomach would hurt so bad that I would have to force myself to stop laughing. I always look forward to the next such moment.

6. What could be better than waking up in the middle of the night with sleep written all over the face, checking your mobile to see the time and realizing that it’s just 2.00 AM and there’s a long way to go before you have to actually wake up. There are times when I do the same routine and realize that the next day is a Saturday or a Sunday. The slothy smile that comes on my face at that time is probably one of my best expressions.

7. I have mixed feelings when it comes to cooking. I love cooking what my hubby and I like but not the routine stuff. I absolutely love it when my hubby and I make Pasta and Stir Fried Mushrooms and Bell Peppers together. What makes it all the more special is the fact that the recipe is totally ours and we love it every bit. Thinking of which I will probably give out the recipe sometime soon here.

8. I love watching movies but I totally hate the melodramatic kinds where the characters cry at the drop of your hat. I’m sure all of you have seen movies that are so beautiful that some scenes just bring tears to your eyes because it feels like you are living the movie. It is quite embarrassing to shed a tear when everyone’s around and you will find me looking at the ceiling most of the times to hide my tears but I totally love giving in to the movie when I’m watching it alone. “Roman Holiday” and “Green Mile” are by far the best movies I have seen.

9. I love reading novels but there are some that leaves you in awe after you finish reading them. There is a sense of satisfaction that you have just finished reading a breath taking novel. You can’t help but retrospect about this novel immediately and instantly share it with someone. I love this feeling.

10. Ahhh!! The satisfaction I get when I have just given it back to a person I hate the most is indescribable. Don’t I just love sarcasm in situations like this? It feels like I have just won a battle. I do feel bad for the person a lot of times but I have ways of consoling myself in such a way that I finally end up feeling like a Good Samaritan.

These transient moments make life what it is for me and life is definitely beautiful.

20 comments:

Build muscle burn fat said...

You have really written very well.
It is long though, I haven't finished reading.
Will come back to continue reading.
Thx.

Injection Mold Troubleshooting said...

Good reading. Thanks for hard work and writing your heart out.
Would be more easy to understand with descriptive pictures.
But thats just my personal view.
Great post anyhow.

Unknown said...

I can cook a little, but only if the other person is not too choosy.
:)

Milana said...

Thanks guys. Will definitely try to put in some pictures in my next post.Thank you so much for the wonderful comments.

@Sophie: Same here :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing post!!! I agreed with so much of what was written in there, felt like someone was taking words out of my mouth, point to point!

And hope this comment lights up your face!!!

Milana said...

@Stillbutmoving: Your comment definitely lit my face up, you can be sure of that. Thanks so much and welcome to my blog!!!

Lazy Pineapple said...

lovely post Milana... straight from the heart. I guess we start living for the future when we face too many responsibilities. It is that hope that drives us.
Just like you I too cherish and savour certain moments in my life when I am truly Happy.

Milana said...

@Lazy Pineapple: What you are saying is absolutely true. We live with the hopes of seeing a better future but when you actually look back at your life, you realize there have been so many happy moments and life was not so bad after all.

aayanman said...

Your post reminded me of Julie Andrews singing these are a few of my favorite things...

good stuff.

Milana said...

@Gyanban: What a pleasure it is for me that my post reminds you of Julie Andrews. Thank you so much!!!

Yogi said...

hmmmmm..a little gal has described herself in 10 points...what to say
pretty good write up!!...although I am not experienced enough to comment upon the way you write or what your plus or minus points are...but I always like the blogs where people love to write about themselves or thier experiences..so keep posting ..and keeping looking out of that window :)

bollywoodstylediaries said...

other than the fact that I love cooking, I soo agree with all ur points..getting up in the middle of the night and seeing its only 2:30pm, reading an awesome book that u immediately want to share - icings of my life too!!

sharmila said...

Nice knowing u ... i too hate melodrama movies but i love cooking :)

Milana said...

@Yogi: I liked the way you referred to me a small gal in your comment :) Like you even I like blogs where people have shared their personal experiences, nothing can be more interesting than life itself. Thanks and welcome to my blog.

@Bollywoodstylediaries: Thanks for visiting my blog and I can't tell you how much I like your blog.

@Sharmila: Thanks for the comment!!! Nice to see you here.

Witty Jester said...

Great read!!!!Quality post :)Made my evening

Milana said...

@Witty Jester: Thank you so much. Glad you liked it :)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

if u liked Green Mile, I think you'd love "The Shawshank Redemption"

Milana said...

@Dr Roshan: I loved The Green Mile. I'll take your suggestion :)

Rajendra Raikwar said...

great efforts

Milana said...

Thanks Rajendra