Blob Of Mercury

It's surprising how the child in us comes out when it is least expected. I attribute it to the company you are with. If you are with a group of friends whose company you really enjoy, there's nothing like it. I have one such funny instance happen when I was in my second year of Engineering.We were a group of 6 girls and I have so many good memories with them. College would never be the same without them. It so happened we were seriously performing some experiments in our "Momentum Transfer" lab. We had a lot of defective apparatus in the lab that would give false results and we were extremely frustrated with that. All of a sudden this instrument called the "Venturimeter" gave way ( I seriously dont know how) and there were blobs of mercury all over the floor as mercury was used to take the pressure readings. As soon as that happened, all I can remember is that we all surrounded it like a bunch of monkeys and we desperately wanted to collect it. It seems so juvenile when I think of it now, all of us just stopped working and gathered around it and started playing around with a surprised professor gaping at our reaction. The next thing was to find a way of keeping it. Fortunately my lip balm was over so I had the empty box with me and as an added bonus it was also transparent which added to the fun. That day I remember how much I took out the box and played around with it. I still have that blob and it makes me smile whenever I look at it, it really brought out the child in all of us that day.

2 comments:

aayanman said...

it is an interesting thought.small moments like these make up for sweet memories later in life...

Milana said...

@Gyanban: What you are saying is very true. These are the moments that you later think and smile about.